Classic Morcon Recipe
You know it’s a truly festive occasion when there’s morcon on the table. Happy eating!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Beef & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Tagal ng Paghahanda : 15 min.
Tagal ng Pagluluto : 1 hr. and 40 mins.
Serving Size : 15
- 750 g beef, round, pre-sliced for morcon
FOR THE MARINADE
- 3/4 kutsara ng calamansi juice
- 2 1/2 kutsara ng soy sauce
FOR THE STUFFING
- 2 piraso ng egg, hard-boiled and each sliced into 6 wedges
- 1/2 cup ng hotdog, cut into strips
- 1/3 cup ng bacon
- 1 1/4 cup ng carrot, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup ng whole pickle, cut into strips
- 1/3 cup ng cheese, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup ng bell pepper, red, cut into strips
- 1 kutsara ng flour, all-purpose
- 2 1/2 kutsara ng mantika
FOR THE SAUCE
- 2 1/2 kutsara ng garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup ng onion, sliced
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (250g)
- 1 cup ng tubig
- 1 piraso ng bay leaf/laurel leaf
1. Pound beef to flatten. Marinate for 30 minutes. Drain and reserve marinade.
2. Starting at one end of meat, arrange the stuffing in alternate rows until all are used up. Roll and tie with string (crocheting thread). Sprinkle with flour then brown all sides in oil. Set aside.
3. Sauté garlic and onion. Add beef, DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, water, laurel leaf, and marinade. Bring to a boil and simmer for 45 minutes or until tender.
4. Allow to rest for 10 minutes. Remove string from morcon. Slice and arrange on a platter. Pour sauce on top.
Kinakailangang kakayahan sa pagluluto
- Deep Frying
Kinakailangang gamit sa kusina
- Chopping Board
Preparing for Party?