Oxtail Stew Recipe
Try our easy, hearty version of a traditional stew.
Categories : Main Dish, Beef & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Tagal ng Paghahanda : 10 min.
Tagal ng Pagluluto : 3 hrs. and 28 mins.
Serving Size : 6
- 1 kg ox tail, cut up
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup ng all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup ng oil, for frying
- 2 kutsara ng mantika
- 1 cup ng celery, minced
- 1 kutsara ng garlic, chopped
- 2 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (250g)
- 3 cup ng beef stock
- 1 kutsara ng worcestershire sauce
- 2 piraso ng bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 1 1/4 cup ng potato, cut into chunks
- 1 cup ng carrot, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup ng sibuyas Tagalog/shallots, peeled
1. Season meat with salt and pepper, then dip in flour. In a pan, brown the meat in oil. Set aside.
2. In the same pan, sauté celery for 3 minutes then add garlic and sauté for another 2 minutes. Add the browned oxtail.
3. Add DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, stock, worcestershire sauce, and bayleaf. Simmer covered until the meat is tender or about 3 hours.
4. Add the potato, carrots and peeled shallots and simmer covered until the vegetables are cooked or fork tender.
Kinakailangang kakayahan sa pagluluto
Kinakailangang gamit sa kusina
- Chopping Board