Pinoy Style Mac & Cheese Recipe
Chef JP Anglo’s take on delicious Mac and Cheese.
Pinoy-style Baked Mac brings Filipinos many fond memories of their childhoods. This Baked Mac recipe from Chef JP Anglo is quick and easy enough to make, even on busy weeknights. Learn how to make Baked Mac with Chef JP today.
Categories : Pasta/Noodles, Pasta & Del Monte Spaghetti Sauce
Culture : Filipino
Tagal ng Paghahanda : 10 min.
Tagal ng Pagluluto : 47 mins.
Serving Size : 8
- 2 kutsara ng olive oil, pure
- 100 g bacon
- 300 g beef tapa
- 1/4 cup ng onion, white, chopped
- 1 can button mushroom, canned (400g), drained, sliced
- 1 kutsara ng white wine
- 2 pouch DEL MONTE Carbonara Sauce (200g)
- 2 cup ng milk, fresh
- 1/4 cup ng basil, fresh
- 1/2 kutsarita ng asin
- 1/2 kutsarita ng paminta, black
- 1/2 kg DEL MONTE Elbow Macaroni (1Kg), cooked for 7 minutes then drained
- 1 cup ng parmesan cheese
- 5 g basil, fresh
- Heat olive oil then sauté the bacon until crispy. Drain the bacon and set aside.
- Using the same pan with the bacon fat, cook the tapa. Set aside.
- Still in the same pan, sauté the onions until translucent. Add the mushrooms. Dredge with white wine then allow the wine to evaporate. Add half of the tapa then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the DEL MONTE Carbonara Sauce, milk, and basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put half of the cooked DEL MONTE Elbow Macaroni in a baking dish. Add half of the sauce then add another layer of the macaroni and another layer of sauce. Add the remaining half of the tapa, bacon, and top with parmesan cheese. Bake at 180°C for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and garnish with basil.