Steamed Carrot Cake Recipe
No need for an oven to make this classic cake!
Want to bake but don’t have an oven? Today we’re teaching you how to make Carrot Cake using just a steamer or rice cooker. We’ve added pineapples to make our Carrot Cake recipe the piña-kamasarap out there!
Categories : Dessert, Fruit & Del Monte Pineapple
Culture : Filipino
Tagal ng Paghahanda : 10 min.
Tagal ng Pagluluto : 1 hr. and 34 mins.
Serving Size : 16
- 1 kutsarita ng mantika
- 1/4 cup ng all-purpose flour
- 3 piraso ng itlog
- 1 cup ng mantika
- 1 kutsarita ng vanilla extract
- 1 cup ng sugar, brown
- 3/4 cup ng sugar, white
- 2 cup ng carrot, grated
- 1 can DEL MONTE Crushed Pineapple (227g), drained
- 2 cup ng all-purpose flour
- 2 kutsarita ng baking soda
- 1 kutsarita ng baking powder
- 1/2 kutsarita ng asin
- 2 kutsarita ng cinnamon
FOR THE FROSTING
- 1 cup ng butter
- 1 cup ng cream cheese
- 2 cup ng sugar, powdered
- Grease 7 1/2-inch round pan with oil then dust with flour. Base with parchment paper if available.
- Mix eggs, oil, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl. Add brown sugar, white sugar, carrot, and DEL MONTE Crushed Pineapple. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Mix the wet to the dry ingredients.
- Pour batter onto the pan. Steam for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Frosting: Soften butter before adding cream cheese.
- Add powder sugar. Mix in high speed.
This Steamed Carrot Cake recipe is rich in vitamin A that helps protect one from infections and promotes normal growth and development. Vitamin A also promotes good vision and healthy skin.
Make sure to place the cream cheese at room temperature 30 minutes before mixing so that it is soft enough to be whipped. Cream cheese that is too cold will be hard to smoothen and may cause the frosting to become lumpy.
Kinakailangang kakayahan sa pagluluto
Kinakailangang gamit sa kusina
- 7 1/2-inch Round Pan
- Mixing Bowl
- Rice Cooker