Adobong Liempo Recipe
Enjoy this twist on a classic Filipino recipe. This dish tastes even better the next day!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Pork, Del Monte Pineapple & Pinoy Dishes
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 4 hrs. and 23 mins.
Serving Size : 6
- 750 g pork, liempo, cut into serving portions or 2 x 2-inch chunks
- 1/3 cup DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar (47cl)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp peppercorn, crushed
- 1 pc bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 pouch DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits (115g)
1. Place all ingredients in a bowl and marinate meat for at least 4 hours in the refrigerator. Drain then reserve marinade. Pan-grill or charcoal-grill meat until done.
2. To make the adobo sauce, pour reserved marinade in a pan and simmer for 8 minutes. Pour over liempo or serve on the side.
This local dish contains protein that is essential for growth and development, and niacin that promotes normal digestion and healthy skin.
Marinating the meat in the acid from the pineapple and vinegar tenderizes the meat.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Sauce Pan
- Chopping Board
Please login to post your comment