Bangus A La Pobre with Fresh Pineapple Salsa Recipe
Make the humble bangus more exciting with this recipe!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Seafood & Del Monte Pineapple
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 1 hr. and 15 mins.
Serving Size : 8
- 800 g bangus, boneless, cut into serving portions
FOR THE MARINADE
- 1 Tbsp calamansi juice
- 2 Tbsp reserved pineapple syrup
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy BBQ Marinade (200ml)
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup oil, for frying
FOR THE PINEAPPLE SALSA
- 1 can DEL MONTE Crushed Pineapple (227g), drained, reserve syrup
- 1/3 cup tomato, seeded and diced
- 2 tsp DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp wansuy, chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp garlic, finely chopped and fried until golden brown
1. Combine ingredients for marinade. Marinate bangus for 20 minutes in the refrigerator. Drain and reserve marinade.
2. Sprinkle bangus with cornstarch. Fry until golden brown. Set aside.
3. Simmer remaining marinade uncovered for 5 minutes or until thick. Strain. Pour sauce over fried bangus.
4. Salsa: Mix all ingredients including remaining pineapple syrup. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let it stand for 10 minutes.
5. Top the bangus with fried garlic. Serve with salsa on the side.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups