Beef Ampalaya with Sotanghon Recipe
Be comfortable on a cold day with a warm bowl of sotanghon goodness!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Beef & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 38 mins.
Serving Size : 6
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 kg ampalaya, seeded and sliced thinly
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup onion, sliced
- 150 g beef, sirloin, cut into thin strips
- 1 pc beef bouillon cube
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 1 tsp sugar, white
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 50 g sotanghon, cut into shorter strands
1. Soak ampalaya in salt and water for 10 minutes. Rinse, drain and squeeze. Set aside.
2. Sauté garlic, onion, and beef. Add bouillon cube, DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, sugar, salt, and water. Boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add sotanghon and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add ampalaya and cook for 3 minutes or until tender.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon