Beef Caldereta Recipe
A Pinoy favorite done the sauce-sarap way.
The classic beef caldereta is a favorite comfort food perfect for family meals and gatherings. Wondering how to cook calderata that's easy to make and everyone will love? Read on for a beef caldereta recipe that's wonderfully aromatic and filled with all the goodies: tender beef, potatoes, bell peppers and more!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Beef & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Culture : Filipino
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 3 hrs. and 30 mins.
Serving Size : 5
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 1/2 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup onion, red, sliced
- 650 g beef, shortribs, cut up
- 1/3 cup liver spread
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (250g)
- 1 cup potato, cut into chunks
- 1 1/4 pcs bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black
- 1/2 Tbsp siling labuyo, sliced
- 2/3 cup green peas, cooked or frozen
- 1/3 cup bell pepper, red, cut into strips
- 1/3 cup bell pepper, green, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup cheese, grated
- Sauté garlic, onion, and beef until beef turns light brown. Add liver spread and water. Bring to a boil then simmer for 2-3 hours or until beef is tender.
- Add DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, potato, laurel leaf, salt, pepper, and siling labuyo. Bring to a boil and turn down heat to simmer. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add green peas, bell peppers, and cheese. Bring to a boil then simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Vitamin A is important for normal vision and healthy skin as well as for protection from infections. This Caldereta recipe is high in in vitamin A. It is also a source of protein that supports growth and development.
Slow cooking this dish not only allows to tenderize the meat but also allows all the flavor to come together.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon
Preparing for Party?