Now you can make this local paella in your own kitchen.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Chicken & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 51 mins.
Serving Size : 6
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 3/4 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 375 g chicken, thigh and leg
- 125 g pork, kasim, cut into thin strips
- 1 3/4 Tbsp patis
- 1 pc bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 1/8 tsp oregano, dried
- 1 1/4 Tbsp ginger, pounded
- 1 cup rice, washed and drained
- 1 cup rice, malagkit, washed, soaked and drained
- 65 g sweet ham, cut into thin strips
- 1 1/4 pcs chicken bouillon cube
- 1 3/4 cups coconut milk
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce (250g)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp atsuete water, mix 1 Tbsp atsuete with 3 Tbsp of water and allow to sit for 15 minutes then drain
- 1/3 cup bell pepper, green, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 pc banana leaf, heated through
- 1 pc egg, hard-boiled then sliced
1. In a large casserole or wok, sauté garlic, onion, chicken, and pork. Cook until the meats are browned (about 10 minutes). Add patis, laurel, oregano and ginger. Cook for 5 minutes.
2. Add rice, ham, and bouillon cube. Stir continuously. Pour coconut milk, DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce and atsuete water. Cook covered over low heat for 15 - 20 minutes.
3. Add bell pepper and coconut cream. Cook covered for another 10 minutes. When rice is almost dry, cover with banana leaf until rice is fully cooked. To serve, garnish with egg slices.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon