Celebration Pasta Recipe
Here’s a great way to make celebrations more special!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Pasta/Noodles, Pasta & Del Monte Spaghetti Sauce
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 28 mins.
Serving Size : 14
FOR THE WHITE SAUCE
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 cup milk, evaporated
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/3 cup garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup onion, red, chopped
- 750 g chicken, breast fillet, cut into strips
- 1 1/3 cup button mushroom, canned, sliced
- 3 pc beef franks, sliced
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Filipino Style Spaghetti Sauce (1kg)
- 2 1/2 cup bell pepper, red, cut into strips
- 1 1/2 pc chicken bouillon cube
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- 2 pack DEL MONTE Spaghetti (400g), cooked
- 1 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 1/3 cup water
1. White Sauce: Melt margarine in pan. Add in all-purpose flour. Add milk gradually while stirring. Allow to simmer until thick.
2. Heat pan with oil, saute garlic, onion, chicken, mushrooms and beef franks. Add DEL MONTE Filipino Style Spaghetti Sauce, bell pepper, water, chicken bouillon cube, and salt. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is tender.
3. Blend in white sauce and cheese.
4. Pour over cooked DEL MONTE Spaghetti. Top with green onions.
This Celebration Pasta dish is a source of vitamin B1 which helps release energy from carbohydrates and niacin that promotes normal digestion and healthy skin.
Cook the flour in the margarine until you smell a nutty aroma then add the milk gradually. This makes sure that the flour is cooked and will not leave a starchy mouthfeel later on.
Cooking Skills Needed
Please login to post your comment