Chicken Potato Salad Recipe
Bring this salad to your next potluck or get-together!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Appetizer, Chicken & Del Monte Pineapple
Preparation Time : 20 min.
Cooking Time : 1 hr. and 10 mins.
Serving Size : 14
FOR THE SALAD
- 300 g chicken, breast fillet
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cup water
- 1 kg marble potato, washed very well
- 1 tsp salt
- 150 g bacon, sliced
- 3/4 cup bell pepper, red, partially roasted and cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup bell pepper, yellow, partially roasted and cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup celery, stringed and sliced
- 1 Tbsp onion, red, chopped
- 2 can DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks (227g), drained, reserve syrup
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 cup dijon mustard
- 1/8 cup DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup ripe mango purée
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- romaine lettuce
1. Boil chicken in reserved pineapple syrup with salt until cooked. Drain then slice. Reserve stock.
2. Using reserved stock, add water, potatoes, and salt. Boil potatoes until tender. Drain; cut each piece into two. Set aside.
3. Sauté bacon until crispy. Drain and crumble. Set aside.
4. To make dressing: Combine all ingredients in a covered jar. Shake until well blended.
5. Combine all ingredients for salad (except bacon and lettuce). Pour dressing and toss. Chill. Top with bacon just before serving. Serve on a bed of lettuce.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board