Fruity French Toast Recipe
This recipe is great for breakfast or snacks!
Mornings are better with French Toast. But French Toast made with DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail? Absolute perfection! Check out our French Toast recipe below to level up how you make your French Toast.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Dessert, Fruit & Del Monte Fruit Cocktail
Culture : Filipino
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 35 mins.
Serving Size : 6
- 1 can DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail (432g), drained, reserve syrup
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch, dissolve in 3 Tbsp fruit cocktail syrup
- 1/2 cup milk, evaporated
- 2 pcs egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon or vanilla extract
- 1 tsp sugar, white (optional)
- 12 slices bread, white loaf
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 100 g melting cheese, thinly sliced into 6 slices
- Cook DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail and dissolved cornstarch until just thickened. Set aside.
- Blend milk, egg, cinnamon (or vanilla), sugar, and remaining fruit cocktail syrup. Dip (do not soak) each side of bread in milk mixture. Toast in pan (two at a time) with 1 teaspoon margarine until brown and turn to toast other side.
- Put 1 tablespoon of fruit mixture on brown side of bread then top with 2 slices of cheese. Cover with another slice of French toast, then toast further until cheese melts.
This dessert is rich in calcium which is needed for strong bones and teeth, and in vitamin B1 that supports normal growth and helps body convert food to energy.
Do not soak the bread in milk. Simply dip each slice just before frying. This is to avoid making the bread too soggy.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon