Meatball Hero Sandwich Recipe
This filling sandwich makes a great on-the-go meal!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Appetizer, Pork & Del Monte Spaghetti Sauce
Preparation Time : 12 min.
Cooking Time : 13 mins.
Serving Size : 7
FOR THE MEATBALLS
- 350 g pork, ground
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp onion, chopped
- 1 pc egg
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Sweet Style Spaghetti Sauce (250g)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 7 pc hotdog bun, slice the bun to make a slit, leaving 1/2 inch uncut to keep the bun together
- 7 slice cheese
1. Combine all ingredients for the meatballs. Mix well. Form every 1-1/2 Tbsp of mixture into balls. Deep-fry until golden brown. Slice each meatball in half.
2. Simmer DEL MONTE Sweet Style Spaghetti Sauce for 5 minutes. Add the meatballs, salt, and pepper to taste. Allow to simmer. Set aside.
3. In each hotdog bun half, place 4 halves of meatballs and 2 tablespoon of sauce. Top with cheese and toast for 1 minute or until cheese melts.
This dish is a good source of calcium and iron. Calcium is essential for bone health while iron is important for normal metabolism.
For added texture, you may opt to toast the bread with a little butter before topping with the sauce and meatballs.
Cooking Skills Needed
- Deep Frying
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Mixing Bowl
Please login to post your comment