Pineapple Eggplant Torta Recipe
Give a pina-level up twist to the classic torta.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Pork & Del Monte Pineapple
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 58 mins.
Serving Size : 4
- 4 pc eggplant
- 2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 pc egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp onion, red, sliced
- 2 Tbsp tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup pork, ground
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits (115g), drained, reserve syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup oil, for frying
1. Boil eggplants in water with 1 tablespoon reserved pineapple syrup and salt until cooked. Cut halfway lengthwise just to open the eggplant. Dip in beaten eggs. Set aside.
2. Sauté garlic, onion, tomatoes, and ground pork until pork is cooked. Add DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits, remaining pineapple syrup, salt, and pepper to taste. Cook until slightly dry. Remove from flame, and let it cool.
3. Drain eggplant from egg, then combine egg with meat mixture. Set aside.
4. Heat frying pan with oil over medium heat. Put eggplant into frying pan, then immediately fill each with meat mixture. To prevent the torta from breaking apart, cook one side until the egg mixture is set, then turn once to cook the other side.
Cooking Tools Needed
- Wooden Spatula