Pork Piña Hamonado Recipe (Party)
A delicious dish that's perfect for any celebration.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Pork & Del Monte Pineapple
Preparation Time : 30 min.
Cooking Time : 9 hrs. and 5 mins.
Serving Size : 30
- 2 1/2 cups sugar, white
- 1 1/8 Tbsp salt
- 2 1/2 kg pork pigue, sliced thinly (tapa style) into 1 pile
- 250 g bacon, sliced into 4 strips
- 5 pcs carrot, sliced into 6 strips
- 5 pcs whole pickle, cut into 6 strips
- 5 cans DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks (227g), drained, reserve syrup
- 5 cans DEL MONTE 100% Pineapple Juice with Vitamins A, C & E (240ml)
- 2 1/2 cups oil, for frying
- 1/3 cup cornstarch, dissolved in 1/3 cup water
1. Combine sugar and salt. Rub mixture into pork. Spread pork and alternately arrange slices of bacon, carrot, pickles, and DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks. Roll and tie firmly with butcher's twine or crocheting thread.
2. Marinate pork in DEL MONTE 100% Pineapple Juice with ACE and reserved pineapple syrup overnight in the refrigerator. Drain and reserve marinade.
3. Heat oil. Fry the pork rolls and brown all sides.
4. Combine meat with marinade in pan. Cover and simmer meat for 30 minutes or until meat is tender. Turn meat occasionally. Remove rolls. For sauce, add cornstarch and simmer broth with continuous stirring until desired thickness.
5. Remove thread from meat then slice. Set aside. Pour sauce over meat.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Crocheting Thread
- Measuring Spoon