Pork Tonkatsu Recipe
Enjoy a Japanese meal at home with this delicious pork tonkatsu recipe. Serve on top of a steaming bowl of rice.
Categories : Main Dish, Pork & Del Monte Quick 'n Easy
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 50 mins.
Serving Size : 10
- 1 kg pork, loin, boneless-skinless, cut into 1/2-inch thick
- 3 packs DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Breading Mix (75g)
- 3 pcs egg, beaten
- 2 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 cups oil, for deep-frying
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1/2 cup DEL MONTE Original Blend Ketchup (320g)
- 2 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp KIKKOMAN Standard Grade Soy Sauce (100ml)
- 1 Tbsp mirin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
1. Dredge pork slices in DEL MONTE Quick n Easy Breading Mix, egg, and bread crumbs. Deep-fry until golden brown and then cut into strips. Serve with the tonkatsu sauce.
2. Combine all ingredients for the sauce. Mix well.
Cooking Skills Needed
- Deep Frying
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Spoon
- Chopping Board