Tuna Carbonara Recipe
The classic carbonara with a healthy twist.
If you’re suffering from picky eaters, this Tuna Carbonara recipe can help you sneak in some fish into their diet! Read on to learn how to cook Tuna Carbonara with Del Monte Kitchenomics.
Categories : Pasta/Noodles, Pasta & Del Monte Spaghetti Sauce
Culture : Filipino
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time : 15 mins.
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 can tuna chunks in oil (184g), drained
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Carbonara Sauce (200g)
- 3 Tbsp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Spaghetti (175g), cooked, reserve 3 Tbsp pasta water
- Sauté tuna in butter. Add DEL MONTE Carbonara Sauce and reserved pasta water. Cover and simmer over low heat for 2 minutes. Add cheese.
- Pour over cooked DEL MONTE Spaghetti. Top with extra cheese if desired.
This Tuna Carbonara dish is a source of protein essential for growth and development, and niacin which is important for the normal structure of the skin.
When cooking pasta, make sure that the water is boiling before adding the pasta to prevent it from turning mushy. Stir the pasta for a few minutes to prevent it from sticking together.
Cooking Tools Needed