Vegetable Pastel Recipe
You'll enjoy eating more veggies with this creamy dish.
Categories : Main Dish, Vegetable & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time : 20 min.
Cooking Time : 35 mins.
Serving Size : 6
FOR THE WHITE SAUCE
- 1 Tbsp margarine
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk, evaporated, combined with 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup onion, sliced
- 1 1/3 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 cup potato, sliced
- 1 cup singkamas, diced
- 1/2 cup button mushroom, canned, sliced
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black
- 1 pc bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (250g)
- 1 can sausage, vienna (415g), drained and sliced
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, red, cut into squares
- 1/2 cup cheese, grated
1. White Sauce: Melt margarine. Add flour while stirring. Remove from heat. Add milk mixture gradually while stirring. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes or until thick. Set aside.
2. Sauté garlic, onion and vegetables except bell pepper. Add water, salt, pepper, and laurel leaf. Cook for 10 minutes.
3. Add DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce and vienna sausage. Cook for another 10 minutes. Add bell pepper and white sauce. Allow to simmer. Top with grated cheese.
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board