Buko Chopsuey Recipe
A tropical twist to the classic veggie dish.
Chopsuey is a yummy and nutritious dish made with an assortment of fresh vegetables. Chopsuey gets a buko-licious upgrade with Del Monte Kitchenomics. Once you try our Buko Chopsuey recipe, you won’t cook it any other way. Learn how to cook Chopsuey with Del Monte today.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Vegetable & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Culture : Filipino
Tagal ng Paghahanda : 20 min.
Tagal ng Pagluluto : 20 mins.
Serving Size : 6
- 1/2 cup ng mantika
- 2 mga piraso ng tokwa
- 1/2 cup ng tubig
- 1/4 cup ng mantika
- 1 cup ng carrot, cut into strips
- 3/4 cup ng chicharo/snap peas
- 2 cup ng pechay Baguio, sliced
- 2 kutsara ng garlic, crushed
- 2 kutsara ng green onion, sliced
- 250 g shrimp, shrimp heads and shells removed but keep tails intact, reserve head and shell to make shrimp juice
- 1 piraso ng buko, meat cut into 1 1/2-inch x 1/4-inch strips
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (115g)
- 1 1/2 kutsara ng patis
- Fry tokwa then cut into cubes. Set aside.
- To make the shrimp juice, pound the reserved shrimp heads and shells using a mortar and pestle. Mix in the water then strain. Set aside.
- Stir-fry carrots, chicharo, and pechay for 5 minutes or until colors are more vibrant. Set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté garlic and green onions. Add shrimps, tokwa, buko, DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, shrimp juice, and patis. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cooked vegetables. Serve.
This Buko Chopsuey recipe dish is an excellent source of vitamin A which helps protect one from infections and promotes normal growth and development. It is also a source of vitamin C that aids in wound healing, and of fiber that aids in digestion.
Do not overcook the vegetables to maintain the crisp texture and retain the nutrients.
Kinakailangang kakayahan sa pagluluto
- Pagpapakulo sa mahinang apoy
Kinakailangang gamit sa kusina
- Mga Measuring Cup
- Wooden Spatula
- Chopping Board