Chicken Cordon Bleu Afritada Recipe
Chicken Cordon Bleu prepared with a Filipino-Spanish twist.
Our Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe is sauce sarap thanks to DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce. Keep reading to learn how we make our Filipino-Spanish style Chicken Cordon Bleu.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Chicken & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Culture : Filipino
Tagal ng Paghahanda : 20 min.
Tagal ng Pagluluto : 1 hr.
Serving Size : 6
- 500 g chicken, breast fillet, pounded until 1/3-inch thick
- 1 cup ng ham, cooked
- 1 cup ng melting cheese, 1/4 x 1/4 x 2-inch sticks
- 1 cup ng all-purpose flour
- 2 piraso ng egg, beaten
- 2 cup ng breadcrumbs
- 3 cup ng oil, for deep-frying
FOR THE SAUCE
- 2 kutsara ng oil
- 1/2 cup ng onion, red, chopped
- 1 kutsarita ng garlic, chopped
- 2 kutsara ng patis
- 1/4 cup ng tubig
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (250g)
- 1/2 cup ng carrot, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup ng potato, cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup ng bell pepper, red, cut into chunks
- Place the ham and cheese on the chicken breast. Roll tightly and make sure edges are sealed properly with toothpicks.
- Dust the chicken with flour, dip in eggs, and cover with breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
- For the sauce: Sauté the onion and garlic in oil. Add the patis, water, and DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce; bring to a boil. Add the carrots and potatoes, simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add the bell pepper and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked chicken rolls and simmer for 5 minutes.
This nutritious dish is high in iron which is needed for normal metabolism. It also has vitamin A that helps resist infections and maintain healthy skin and niacin that supports the nervous system and digestive tract.
Chicken should always be eaten fully cooked. Since the chicken cordon bleu rolls are thick, frying alone might not fully cook the chicken. Be sure to simmer the chicken in the sauce to cook the rolls through and at the same time allow the rolls to absorb the sauce.
Kinakailangang kakayahan sa pagluluto
- Deep Frying
Kinakailangang gamit sa kusina
- Chopping Board