Chicken Mechado Recipe
No beef? No problem! The savory mechado is good with chicken too!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Chicken & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Culture : Filipino
Tagal ng Paghahanda : 5 min.
Tagal ng Pagluluto : 45 mins.
Serving Size : 5
- 500 g manok, thigh fillet
- 6 slices bacon, cut into half
- 1/2 kutsarita ng asin
- 1/2 kutsarita ng paminta, black
- 1 cup ng onion, red, quartered
- 1 1/2 kutsara ng garlic, peeled
- 1 1/2 kutsara ng soy sauce
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 1 cup ng potato, cut into chunks
- 2 kutsara ng mantika
- Season the chicken thigh fillet with salt and pepper. Fill each chicken thigh fillet with bacon. Roll then secure with a toothpick.
- In a pot, combine chicken rolls, half of onions, garlic, soy sauce, DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce and potatoes. Simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a pan, sauté remaining onion. Pour on top of chicken. Serve hot.
This local Chicken Mechado dish provides iron which is essential for normal metabolism. It also has niacin that helps break down nutrients for better use in the body.
Mechado comes from the word "mecha" or "wick of a candle". In cooking, this pertains to placing fat inside a piece of meat so that it does not dry out while cooking. In this case, bacon is used not only to keep the chicken moist but also to add a slight smokey flavor to the dish.
Kinakailangang kakayahan sa pagluluto
- Pagpapakulo sa mahinang apoy
Kinakailangang gamit sa kusina
- Chopping Board
- Mga Measuring Cup
- Crocheting Thread
- Measuring Spoon
Please login to post your comment