Easy Tomato Asado Recipe
Cook this easy, heartwarming dish on busy weeknights.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Pork & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Tagal ng Paghahanda : 15 min.
Tagal ng Pagluluto : 42 mins.
Serving Size : 4
- 2 kutsara ng mantika
- 2 kutsarita ng garlic, crushed
- 3 piraso ng sibuyas Tagalog/shallots, cut into half
- 1 kutsara ng liver spread
- 350 g pork, kasim, cut into 2 x 2-inch chunks
- 1 kutsara ng sugar, brown
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 1 piraso ng bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 2/3 cup ng tubig
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup ng kamote, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup ng bell pepper, red, cut into strips
1. Sauté garlic and shallots for 2 minutes. Add liver spread, pork, and brown sugar. Sauté for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
2. Add DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, stir then add laurel and water. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and turn down to simmer for 20 minutes or until pork is tender, stirring occasionally.
3. Add kamote and bell peppers. Simmer for 7 minutes.
This dish is rich in vitamin A that maintains healthy vision and healthy skin. It is also a source of vitamin B1 that helps the body convert food into energy.
Browning the meat gives a meatier taste to the dish. Be careful though in browning as the brown sugar might burn. Cook the pork until the brown sugar caramelizes.
Kinakailangang kakayahan sa pagluluto
Kinakailangang gamit sa kusina
- Chopping Board
Please login to post your comment