Pine Chicken Tinola Recipe
Chicken soup for the Filipino soul sounds about right.
A healthy and tasty soup filled with chicken, green papaya, fresh spinach leaves, and a hearty ginger broth – that’s the ultimate chicken tinola recipe! Here's how to cook chicken tinola with a piña-level up twist using Del Monte Pineapples.
Categories : Main Dish, Chicken, Del Monte Pineapple & Pinoy Dishes
Culture : Filipino
Tagal ng Paghahanda : 15 min.
Tagal ng Pagluluto : 38 mins.
Serving Size : 6
- 1 kg chicken, whole, cut up
- 2 kutsara ng garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup ng onion, sliced
- 2 1/2 kutsara ng ginger, cut into strips
- 3 kutsara ng patis
- 2 1/2 cup ng tubig
- 2 cup ng papaya, green, sliced
- 1 can DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits (227g), drained, reserve syrup
- 1 cup ng sili leaves
- Boil chicken, garlic, onion, ginger, and patis with the reserved pineapple syrup and water, and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add papaya, cover and simmer for another 10 minutes or until papaya is tender. Add DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits and sili leaves. Simmer for 5 minutes.
This interesting twist to the popular Pine Chicken Tinola dish is high in iron needed for making red blood cells that carry oxygen around the body and in vitamin A that helps keep normal vision and healthy skin.
Choose the breast part of the chicken to have a lighter and less greasy broth.
Kinakailangang kakayahan sa pagluluto
Kinakailangang gamit sa kusina
- Chopping Board
- Wooden Spatula