Roast Pine-Pesto Chicken Recipe
A pina-level up take on roasted chicken for your next salu-salo
Categories : Main Dish, Chicken & Del Monte Pineapple
Tagal ng Paghahanda : 20 min.
Tagal ng Pagluluto : 2 hrs. and 55 mins.
Serving Size : 32
- 200 g basil, fresh
- 1 cup ng bawang
- 1/2 cup ng reserved pineapple syrup
- 1/2 cup ng olive oil
- 4 kg chicken, whole (approximately 3 pcs)
- 2 kutsarita ng asin
- 1/2 kutsarita ng paminta
- 1 can DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks (822g), drained, reserve syrup
- 1/2 cup ng drippings
- reserved marinade from chicken
- reserved pineapple syrup
- 1 kutsarita ng asin
- 1/2 kutsarita ng sugar, white
- 8 kutsarita ng oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup ng cornstarch, dissolved in 1 cup water
1. PESTO: Process basil leaves and garlic in a food processor or pound together using mortar and pestle until pasty. Mix with 1/2 cup of reserved pineapple syrup and olive oil. Set aside.
2. Rub chicken inside and outside skin with salt and pepper. Marinate in pesto for 1 hour or overnight.
3. Place the drained DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks in the chicken then close the cavity by securing it with toothpicks to keep the pineapple from spilling. Place the chicken on a pan then cover with foil. Roast in a preheated 375°F oven for 30 minutes. Then, remove the foil and roast for another 20 - 30 minutes so the chicken browns. Keep the drippings for the gravy.
4. GRAVY: Combine all ingredients and simmer until thick. Serve with chicken.
Kinakailangang kakayahan sa pagluluto
- Pagpapakulo sa mahinang apoy
Kinakailangang gamit sa kusina
- Mga Measuring Cup
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon