Tuna Paksiw Recipe
Add a pineapple twist to this meaty favorite.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Seafood & Del Monte Pineapple
Culture : Filipino
Tagal ng Paghahanda : 10 min.
Tagal ng Pagluluto : 20 mins.
Serving Size : 4
- 500 g tuna steak, 1/2-inch thick
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits (115g)
- 1/4 cup ng DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar
- 1/4 cup ng tubig
- 1 kutsara ng garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup ng onion, white, cut into rings
- 1 kutsara ng ginger, cut into strips
- 1 piraso ng siling haba
- 1 kutsarita ng mantika
- 1/2 kutsarita ng peppercorn, black
- 1 kutsarita ng salt, rock
- Arrange fish in a pan.
- Add DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits and its syrup, DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar, water, garlic, onion, ginger, siling haba, oil, and peppercorn. Bring to a boil then simmer uncovered for 2 minutes, then cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Season with salt.
This dish is high in vitamin A which helps maintain healthy skin and normal vision. It is also high in niacin that promotes normal digestion.
Tuna dries out easily. Simmer until just cooked through to avoid overcooking.
Kinakailangang gamit sa kusina
- Chopping Board