Shrimp Ceviche Recipe
Try this recipe for a fresh appetizer or side dish.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Appetizer, Seafood & Del Monte Condiments
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time : 37 mins.
Serving Size : 6
- 4 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 500 g shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp siling labuyo, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled, diced
- 1/2 cup tomato, seeded, diced
- 1/2 cup avocado, diced
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
1. Combine water and salt in a saucepan, bring to a boil. Add shrimp and simmer for 1 minute or until it changes color. Drain then place in a bowl with ice water. Drain and set aside.
2. Mix all of the ingredients for the marinade.
3. Add the shrimps and remaining ingredients. Let it sit for 30 minutes.
4. Serve chilled.
This dish is rich in vitamin A, which helps maintain healthy skin and normal vision. It is also a source of protein that plays a role in the regulation of enzymes and hormones.
To keep the shrimps juicy, do not overcook. Once they turn orange, immediately transfer to an ice bath to stop the cooking.
Cooking Skills Needed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon
Please login to post your comment