Beef Caldereta Recipe
A Pinoy favorite done the sauce-sarap way.
The classic beef caldereta is a favorite comfort food perfect for family meals and gatherings. Wondering how to cook calderata that's easy to make and everyone will love? Read on for a beef caldereta recipe that's wonderfully aromatic and filled with all the goodies: tender beef, potatoes, bell peppers and more!
Categories : Main Dish, Beef & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Culture : Filipino
Tagal ng Paghahanda : 10 min.
Tagal ng Pagluluto : 3 hrs. and 30 mins.
Serving Size : 5
- 2 kutsara ng mantika
- 2 1/2 kutsara ng garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup ng onion, red, sliced
- 650 g beef, shortribs, cut up
- 1/3 cup ng liver spread
- 2 1/2 cups tubig
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (250g)
- 1 cup ng potato, cut into chunks
- 1 1/4 mga piraso ng bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 3/4 kutsarita ng asin
- 1/4 kutsarita ng paminta, black
- 1/2 kutsara ng siling labuyo, sliced
- 2/3 cup ng green peas, cooked or frozen
- 1/3 cup ng bell pepper, red, cut into strips
- 1/3 cup ng bell pepper, green, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup ng cheese, grated
- Sauté garlic, onion, and beef until beef turns light brown. Add liver spread and water. Bring to a boil then simmer for 2-3 hours or until beef is tender.
- Add DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, potato, laurel leaf, salt, pepper, and siling labuyo. Bring to a boil and turn down heat to simmer. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add green peas, bell peppers, and cheese. Bring to a boil then simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Vitamin A is important for normal vision and healthy skin as well as for protection from infections. This Caldereta recipe is high in in vitamin A. It is also a source of protein that supports growth and development.
Slow cooking this dish not only allows to tenderize the meat but also allows all the flavor to come together.
Kinakailangang kakayahan sa pagluluto
- Pagpapakulo sa mahinang apoy
Kinakailangang gamit sa kusina
- Chopping Board
- Mga Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon
Preparing for Party?