Chunky Pininyahang Manok Recipe
Give a piña-level up twist to the usual chicken dish.
Learn how to cook pininyahang manok perfect for a special family meal. Our pininyahang manok recipe is simple to make and tastes delicious! If you're trying it for the first time, you're about to discover an amazing dish that your family will want over and over again.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Chicken & Del Monte Pineapple
Culture : Filipino
Tagal ng Paghahanda : 15 min.
Tagal ng Pagluluto : 35 mins.
Serving Size : 6
- 2 kutsara ng mantika
- 2 kutsara ng ginger, cut into strips
- 2 kutsara ng garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup ng onion, white, sliced
- 750 g chicken, parts, cut into serving portions
- 2 1/2 kutsara ng patis
- 1/2 kutsarita ng peppercorn, black
- 1/4 cup ng bell pepper, red, cut into cubes
- 2/3 cup ng milk, evaporated
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks (200g), drained, reserve syrup
- Sauté ginger, garlic, and onion in oil for 2 minutes. Add chicken and patis, then sauté for 10 minutes or until the chicken turns slightly brown.
- Add peppercorn and reserved pineapple syrup. Bring to a boil then simmer in a covered pot for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Turn the heat to low then add bell pepper, milk, and DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks. Simmer uncovered for 3 - 5 minutes while stirring continuously.
This Chunky Pininyahang Manok dish is high in protein that supports growth and development. It is also a source of vitamin B2 and niacin. Vitamin B2 helps in the production of red blood cells and niacin supports the nervous system.
Milk curdles when heated at a high temperature. Be sure to add the milk when the chicken is fully cooked so that there is no need to boil the milk. This helps keep the sauce smooth and curdle-free.
Kinakailangang kakayahan sa pagluluto
- Pagpapakulo sa mahinang apoy
Kinakailangang gamit sa kusina
- Chopping Board
- Mga Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon
- Wooden Spatula