Kinulob na Manok Recipe
Try a heartier version of this traditional chicken dish.
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Chicken & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Tagal ng Paghahanda : 10 min.
Tagal ng Pagluluto : 45 mins.
Serving Size : 8
- 2 kutsara ng asin
- 1 piraso ng chicken, whole (approx. 1.2kg)
- 100 g bacon
- 100 g onion, white, cut into chunks
- 150 g potato, peeled, cut into chunks
- 2 mga piraso ng chorizo de bilbao, sliced into chunks
- 1 piraso ng bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 1 kutsarita ng peppercorn
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (250g)
- 2 kutsara ng patis
- 1 stalk onion, green
- chicken stock
- banana leaves
1. Rub chicken with salt to remove slimy surface. Rinse well. Set aside.
2. In a deep pot, light brown the bacon then discard the excess oil.
3. Add the chicken and other remaining ingredients. Cover with stock or water.
4. Put 2 layers of banana leaves on top, then cover with the lid. Bring to a boil then simmer for 40 minutes or until the chicken is fork tender.
5. If desired, mash potato in the sauce to thicken. Serve.
This local dish is high in niacin which helps keep the digestive system healthy. It is also a source of calcium needed for strong bones and teeth.
Rubbing the chicken with rock salt removes the slime found naturally on the skin. Be sure to rinse well so as not to leave the salt on the skin which will make the broth too salty.
Kinakailangang kakayahan sa pagluluto
- Pagpapakulo sa mahinang apoy
Kinakailangang gamit sa kusina
- Chopping Board
- Mga Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon
Please login to post your comment