Lumpiang Shanghai Recipe
Enjoy a healthy, sauce-sarap take on a kiddie favorite!
Lumpiang Shanghai is a crunchy afternoon or mealtime staple kids (and kids-at-heart) love. This Lumpiang Shanghai recipe from Del Monte Kitchenomics is packed with lots of vegetables, making it very healthy for your kids. You can make a lot of it in advance and freeze them, then just fry the pieces you want to eat. Learn how to make Lumpiang Shanghai the Del Monte Kitchenomics way today.
Categories : Main Dish, Pork & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Culture : Filipino
Tagal ng Paghahanda : 5 min.
Tagal ng Pagluluto : 48 mins.
Serving Size : 16
- 2/3 kutsarita ng mantika
- 1/3 kutsarita ng onion, red, minced
- 2 2/3 kutsara ng celery, minced
- 2 2/3 kutsara ng carrot, minced
- 1/3 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 1 kutsara ng soy sauce
- 1/8 kutsarita ng asin
- 1/8 kutsarita ng paminta, black
- 330 g pork, ground
- 1/3 cup ng bread crumbs, Japanese
- 1 piraso ng egg, lightly beaten
- 2 kutsara ng kinchay, finely minced
- 16 piraso ng lumpia wrapper
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Sweet and Sour Mix (57g), dissolved in 1/2 cup water
- Sauté onion, celery, and carrot in oil for 7 minutes or until tender. Add DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce and season with soy sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Allow the mixture to cool and add to ground pork with bread crumbs, egg, and kinchay. Mix thoroughly.
- Wrap every 1 1/2 tablespoons of pork mixture in lumpia wrapper. Fry until golden brown.
- Cook the dissolved DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Sweet & Sour Mix until thick.
Three rolls of this Lumpiang Shanghai provide a source of iron and vitamin A. Iron is needed for normal metabolism and in the formation of red blood cells that carry oxygen in the body. On the other hand, vitamin A promotes healthy skin and normal vision.
Always work with cold meat to avoid spoilage. Make sure the ingredients are cold then do not overmix which will heat up the meat.
Kinakailangang kakayahan sa pagluluto
Kinakailangang gamit sa kusina
- Chopping Board
- Sauce Pot