Puto Bumbong Fiesta Recipe
Chef Jackie Ang Po has an easy recipe for everyone’s favorite holiday staple!
Categories : Dessert, Fruit & Del Monte Fruit Cocktail
Tagal ng Paghahanda : 15 min.
Tagal ng Pagluluto : 10 mins.
Serving Size : 24
- 1 1/2 cups glutinous rice flour
- 3/4 cup ng rice flour
- 6 kutsara ng coconut
- 1 cup ng tubig
- 1 kutsara ng ube flavor
- 1 can DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail (432g), drained, medium dice
- 6 leaves banana leaf, heated to soften (8 x 11-inches or short bond paper)
- 1/2 cup ng butter
- 1/2 cup ng sugar, muscovado
- 1/2 cup ng queso de bola
- 1 can DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail (432g), drained
- 1/2 cup ng coconut, grated
1. Combine first three ingredients. Add water and flavoring + coloring.
2. Fold in the DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail.
3. Divide the dough into two. Flatten the first one into a rectangle and slice it into strips (approx. 12 pieces) repeat with the other half.
4. Place 4 logs in a banana leaf, brush each with butter. Fold the leaf to secure the logs.
5. Repeat this process until you finish all the logs.
6. Steam everything together in a steamer, until the leaf has turned a darker color.
7. Serve hot, brush with butter, serve with muscovado sugar, queso de bola, more DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail, and fresh grated coconut.