Tofu Nuggets in BBQ Sauce Recipe
A healthy alternative to chicken nuggets that still packs the flavor yet is very easy to do.
Looking for a healthy alternative to chicken nuggets? This Tofu Nuggets in BBQ Sauce recipe is exactly that! Plus, it gets a fruity kick, thanks to DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits. Learn how to cook Tofu Nuggets your kids will surely love today!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish
Culture : Filipino
Tagal ng Paghahanda : 10 min.
Tagal ng Pagluluto : 23 mins.
Serving Size : 4
- 300 g tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup ng all-purpose flour
- 2 piraso ng egg, beaten
- 2 cup ng bread crumbs, Japanese
- 2 cup ng oil, for deep-frying
- 2 kutsara ng mantika
- 1/4 cup ng onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup ng bell pepper, green, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup ng bell pepper, red, cut into cubes
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits (115g), drained, reserve syrup
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy BBQ Marinade (200ml)
- 1 kutsara ng cornstarch, dissolved in 1 Tbsp water
- Coat tofu cubes in flour then dip in beaten eggs. Dip in bread crumbs.
- Fry the coated tofu in hot oil until golden brown. Set aside to drain on a tray lined with paper towels to remove excess oil.
- In a separate pan, heat oil. Sauté the onions, green and red bell peppers and DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits then set aside.
- Add the DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Barbecue Marinade, reserved pineapple syrup, and cornstarch mixture.
- Cook until thickened. Toss in the cooked tofu. Serve.
Did you know that tofu can be your low-cost, healthy alternative to meat? This dish also contains iron that is needed for normal metabolism and in making red blood cells that carry oxygen around the body.
To add texture to the tofu, use Japanese bread crumbs instead of ordinary bread crumbs. Japanese bread crumbs are coarser which will contrast nicely against the silken tofu.
Kinakailangang kakayahan sa pagluluto
Kinakailangang gamit sa kusina
- Chopping Board
- Mga Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon