Creamy and Cheesy Pork Menudo Recipe
Find out our sauce-sarap twist to the classic Menudo!
Shop your quality Del Monte ingredients at our new Kitchenomics website so you can cook delicious and memorable meals.
Categories : Main Dish, Pork & Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Culture : Filipino
Tagal ng Paghahanda : 10 min.
Tagal ng Pagluluto : 40 mins.
Serving Size : 4
- 2 kutsara ng mantika
- 1 1/2 kutsara ng onion, red, chopped
- 3/4 kutsara ng garlic, minced
- 400 g pork, kasim, trimmed, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 1/2 kutsara ng soy sauce
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 1 piraso ng bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 2/3 cup ng tubig
- 3/4 cup ng carrot, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup ng potato, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup ng all-purpose cream
- 1/4 cup ng melting cheese
- 1/8 kutsara ng asin
- 1/8 kutsara ng paminta, black
- 1/3 cup ng green peas
- Sauté onion and garlic in oil.
- Add the pork and cook until pale brown in color and liquid is reduced.
- Add soy sauce, DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, bay leaf, and water. Cover and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add carrots and potatoes. Simmer for another 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add all-purpose cream and melting cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Lastly, add green peas. Serve.
This Creamy Cheesy Menudo recipe is rich in protein and vitamin A. Protein is necessary for growth and development, while vitamin A helps form and maintain healthy skin, as well as skeletal and soft tissues.
To keep your green peas a vibrant green color, add the peas into the pot but do not stir. Cover the pot with the heat turned off, and let the pot sit for a couple of minutes before serving.
Kinakailangang kakayahan sa pagluluto
- Pagpapakulo sa mahinang apoy
Kinakailangang gamit sa kusina
- Chopping Board
- Mga Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon